Thursday, May 9, 2013

Oh, the things they say!

DSC_0016

When I got into the car with some baking from the store...
Zoe:  Mama!   Whatcha got there?!

DSC_0011_2

After I told her to do something...
Zoe:  Why?  Cuz you're a smart, smart, smart, smmaaaarrrrrt cookie?!

DSC_0002_2-2

When I rested my feet on her tummy, while sitting on the sofa...
Zoe:  Seriously mom!   You are killing me!

DSC_0025

My kids never listen to me... When I explained to Zoe that I would like her to put her Easter treats in one spot, so they wouldn't get mixed up with the other kids, I asked her to repeat what I had said to her...
Zoe:  Blah.  Blah.  Blah.

DSC_0028
*they saw a jogger and thought they should run too!

Micah:  Mom, why are there leaves in the soup?

Micah:  I need to go kill some cows, so I can have some leather.   (Apparently, he was playing Minecraft).

DSC_0015_2

Lilah:  Mom, do bears eat fish without cooking them?   That is soooooo gross!   They are soggy and they eat the tails and eyeballs and everything!   Yuck!

DSC_0001

Zoe:  Mom, you are the queen!
Me:  Okay.
Zoe:  (curtsying) Now would you please do something with your hair!

DSC_0020

I tried to explain to Zoe that I am the mom and it is my job to teach her what is right and what is wrong.
Zoe:  You are not being nice to me!   You are teaching me wrong and I want to be the parent!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Oh the honesty! lol I keep meaning to tell you that when I was putting blush on Lilah at A's party, she informed me that I wasn't doing it right. I was just doing a quick stroke over the cheek bone, but I was told that "My mom puts blush on me in circles". I thought that was cute.

the meaklims said...

Zoe cracks me up! Oh she just comes out with the funniest things! It sounds so deadpan too! Love it!

Jill

Marie said...

Your kids are hilarious! I seriously need to write down more of what my kids say...otherwise I forget most of it.

Patrick and Christina said...

So funny! They sound like smart, smart, smmaarrrt cookies too! :)

Monica said...

Oh my, these are hilarious. Zoe in particular just strikes me as such a hoot!