Thursday, May 23, 2013

Picking Dandelions

DSC_0163

Everyday, this little one picks me bouquets of dandelions.

DSC_0159

Today, we headed to the river valley to take some photos amongst the cherry trees and when we were done, Zoe ran around gathering the dandelions.

DSC_0160

It took my breath away watching her.

DSC_0162

She finds such joy in the little things.

DSC_0157_2

While my other kids are begging to go home... they are so bored... this one makes the most of every moment.

DSC_0139_2

As long as she doesn't see a bug of any kind, she is good!   Otherwise, you will find her running and screaming in sheer panic!

Is a dandelion a clever yellow flower that turns into a galaxy of silvery stars or a weed?
 ~A. A. Milne, Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

DSC_0134

8 comments:

Marie said...

This made me laugh...and I sure needed that today! Gotta love how kids love those flowers! I just started a post that includes a bit about Raina's fascination with this weed...um...I mean flower! :)

Tim said...

Yes my car was full of wilted flowers!

Char said...

Dandelions

Here today
gone tomorrow

Bringing joy
bringing sorrow

A child's delight
an adult's plight

Sometimes I feel
like a dandelion
---------

a poem I wrote many years ago

Patrick and Christina said...

Made me laugh too as we have joyful weed...um I mean, dandelion pickers here too! And they also run screaming from the bugs (except ladybugs!)

We run out of "vases" to hold all the wilting flowers!

Zoe looks divine in picture 2!
How awesome that she is so in the moment and so full of life!

Patrick and Christina said...

Oops that would be picture 5! ...didn't scroll far enough up! :)

Denise said...

I love this :)

the meaklims said...

Such a pretty pretty girl. You are blessed to be her Mama. ♥

Monica said...

Ah, dandelion bouquets are the best!

What a joyful kid Zoe seems to be. That picture of her with her hand on her cheek is just darling.